A Pet Photography Experience with Puppy tales is a 5 step approach to photos you'll adore.
1. Design your Session~ Create the perfect experience for you and your dog ~ If you ask most photographers, they’ll tell you they are happy to photograph your dog … At Puppy Tales Photography we’re different: We don’t just ‘take photos of dogs’, we capture their uniqueness and what you love most about them! Because we LOVE dogs as much as you do, we:
- Preserve Your Memories in Stunning Colour
- Create an Experience, Not Just An Album
- Choose The Style and Finish That Suits Your Home & Your Dog
- Let Your Dog’s True Personality Shine Through
- Visit Amazing Locations
- Provide personalised Attention at Every Stage
- I’m photographing for the photography results you want,
- You, and most importantly your dog, have the opportunity to get to know me so you are more comfortable at your photography session, and
- will have pricing information particular to what you would like and what is going to look the most amazing for your home.
2. Prepare for Session
~ Make all the arrangements for our date, location, and styling ~Getting everything ready for your session. Depending on your session & requirements, some we do, some you do. This may include:
- Providing you any information you need, answering your questions
- Arranging location permission or permits
- Organising travel and accommodation
- Purchasing or finding background, props or accessories
- Location Scouting
- Studio setup and styling
- Test shoots
- Dog grooming
- New outfit/s for yourself or your dog
- People grooming
- Shopping or purchases for anything to be included (updating your dog’s fav toy perhaps!)
3. Your Photography Experience
~Whether it’s a weekend away, an outing in a park or a studio session, you and your dog will be able to relax and be yourselves~
This is THE BEST BIT!
Generally your photography session lasts 90 min to 2 hours but it all depends on your dog (or the number of dogs you have) and what we want to achieve in the session. There’s no time limits – we can wait for your dog to warm up, to settle in, to wake up (on not if they are a puppy!), to perform that special trick or when we’ve made our way back from exploring an area (this is especially true of our retreats – we head out to the most amazing, often unknown parts of the area). Generally, speaking we’re finished when either your dog or yourself is done (I can keep going and going and going when it comes to photographing an adorable dog!).
Of course, our different sessions last different lengths of time, as they have been are created f0r different results, paces and styles. Our Dogumentary sessions, for example, have many more quiet observing periods (or becoming pup-arazzi as I call it). And out Play dates are broken up between the dogs to be photographed and around a nice coffee or lunch break).
As well as my camera gear, I will also have with me treats, noise makers, long leads, and any specific items that we may need for your session. You’re welcome to bring along anything you’d like included – favourite toy, those treats that they will do anything for, their cute bowtie, etc
An overview of our photography sessions:
|Session||Location Based||Studio Based||Typical Number of Pets*||Overview|
|Seasonal Photo Retreat||X||None||1-3||Puppy Tales can arrange dog-friendly accomodation at a variety of stunning locations|
|Playdate Session||X||None||Group of dogs (up to 12)||Ideal for extended families with dogs, clubs or littermate reunions|
|On Location||X||None||1-3||You choose the location!|
|Studio Experience||None||X||1-3||Stunning, tail-wagging studio photographs|
|Four Seasons||X||None||1-3||Fun and frolics over four seasons|
|Growing Tales||None||X||Single||Capture your dog’s growth from puppy to adult|
|Dogumentary Day||X||None||1-3||Photographs taken over the course of a day|
|Forever Photos||X||X||Single||A tribute session for a critically ill pet|
* Almost all of the time we are happy to accommodate additional pets in our services. Limitations may be imposed by accommodation availability, size of the pets, compatibility of pets, etc. Feel free to get in touch with us to discuss your requirements.
Please note, limited sessions are available each month. This helps us to preserve our unrivalled photography and service. And our retreats often book out months in advance. It’s recommended that you book early to ensure availability and to secure your preferred date.
More and more, we’re being asked to travel to other Australian states. In 2017 we have plans for Sydney, Canberra and Brisbane. Look out for dates and other destinations on our social media and blog. Or if you’d like to register interest in Kerry coming to your city – get in touch. If you and 4 friends would each like a session, we can organise a time to come to you. If you’re interested in a session just for you, don’t want to wait and are happy to cover travel fees, then please get in touch to discuss.
4. Preview & Artwork Consultation
~ View the photos, choose your favourites, and decide on presentation style ~
Okay – this is the best bit too! Reliving your photography session + ooohing and ahhhing as to just how adorable your dog is.
Approximately one week after your session you’re invited back to the studio to preview your photos (or a nice local cafe when we’re at one of our destinations). Turn magical moments into irresistible artwork. You’ll smile, giggle and, sometimes cry, during your and cry during your Slideshow Première. Oooh and ahhh over photographs that capture your dog’s tale.
At your personal preview appointment you get to see the gorgeous photos we have captured.
We perfectly edit your photos and customise their presentation, the finishes and the sizes so you end up with what’s important to you and works for the places that you are going to display your photos – whether that be high gloss acrylic wall art that perfect captures that cheeky glimmer in your dog’s eye or an artisticly hand finished deluxe framed wall art piece that shows off your best friend in a traditional style that perfectly matches your decor.
We offer credit card payments and customised interest-free payment plans for your photography orders.
You may find yourself so overwhelmed by the number of images that you love from your session that it seems impossible to choose what to hang on your walls!
Not to worry – we are happy to assist you with narrowing down which images would look best on your gallery wall. We are proud to offer a complimentary wall art design consultation during your ordering session. We have invested in unique visualization software that takes all of the guesswork out of the process by showing you exactly what your images will look like on the walls of your own home! You simply provide us with a photo or photos of where you’re thinking you’d like your artwork.
It’s really easy…just follow the steps outlined in the Designing your Wall Art Guide that we’ve provided you and you will be on your way to having an amazing wall gallery with art that you will be proud to show off to your family and friends.
Take a look through the available product options to get you thinking about the outcome of your photo session.
5. A Delightful Delivery
~ Your photo wall art and products are ready to be displayed and enjoyed! ~
Hang your artwork somewhere where you can enjoy it every day – relive the moment, remember the fun, giggle at your dogs antics and just be appreciative that you have such an amazing buddy.
Pickup or shipping options available.