Larmont, Potts Point ~ Dog Friendly Accommodation
Perched perfectly on the Darlinghurst Ridge of Potts Point in Sydney you’ll find the dog friendly boutique hotel of Larmont. Here both you and your dog can be treated the way you have always wanted to be treated. This dog friendly accommodation boasts a fantastic location close to the eateries and restaurants of Kings Cross, Potts Point, Elizabeth Bay and Darlinghurst. Larmont is also just a 20 minute stroll to Sydney’s CBD, where you’ll find some of the city’s major tourist attractions. If you want to eat in, then there is a great Room Service menu that comes from Hyde, Larmont’s restaurant downstairs. Local to the hotel you’ll find some great parks and walking tracks to visit with your dog, including the off lead area of Rushcutters Park.
Accommodation Type: Hotel accommodation. A suite and 3 studios are available for guests wishing to bring their dogs. All have a balcony.
Location: Potts Point, Sydney
No of Bedrooms/Beds/Guests: 1 King size bed. An extra bed is available on request with an extra charge
No of Bathrooms: 1 Bathroom
Suitable for: Couples and those traveling on work trips
Price Bracket: $$$$$
Access & Parking: Secure onsite parking is available at a daily rate
Recommended Time of Year to Visit: Anytime. Sydney experiences a sub-tropical climate with mild winters and warm summers. That makes it perfect to exploring the outdoors with your dog.
Dog Friendly Features
- Dog food and water bowls provided with bottled water.
- A bed for the dog to snooze in during their stay.
- A complementary toy.
- Dog treats on arrival.
- Balcony for your dog to stretch their legs a little and get some fresh air.
- The only rule that exists is that dogs aren’t to be left alone in the room (understandably). Other than that you won’t find that there’s a whole bunch of rules for your dog in staying here. Of course, as good guests, you want to be aware of people on the other side of the wall, and courteous of other guests when moving through the hotel.
Facilities for the Humans
- Two minibar snacks or non-alcoholic drinks from the mini bar per day – free of charge!
- iPad to order room service and explore what the area has to offer
- WiFi with quick speed and multiple device access
- Complimentary access to a 24hr Anytime Fitness gym
- Complimentary Yoga sessions
- Complimentary tea and coffee
- Guide to the neighbourhood, with recommendations for the area and eating options was provided
- Smart TV and AppleTV (in house movies available for purchase)
- Pillow menu
- Luxury MALIN + GOETZ toiletries
- Welcome drinks and chefs canape selection in Hyde Restaurant for Happy Hour (however this isn’t a dog friendly venue so we weren’t able to partake on this occasion).
What We Loved
- It is obvious from the moment you walk into Larmont that it’s dog friendly. It felt so comfortable and normal to be there with them and they had run of the room we were in.
- Having the balcony area for the dogs and us to have a little stretch on. The view from there for a beautiful Sydney city sunset was definitely a bonus.
- It’s location is so close to everything that you should need during your stay. Victoria Street in Darlinghurst has some great cafes and bars and most you can sit outside at with your dogs. Then there is Kings Cross and Potts Point, home to a new wave of restaurants, bars and cafes.
- 12pm check out means that you can sleep in and there’s no need to rush on the morning of your departure.
- The pillow menu! Choosing from four types of pillows is a great luxury!
- The friendliness of the staff
Things to Know
- As you would guess, the suite is a more spacious option having a large ensuite and sitting room adjacent to the bedroom.
- Dog friendly rooms are restricted to 4 of the Terrace Rooms, so availability may be tight around significant dates and events
- Maximum number of dogs is 2
- A pet setup and cleaning fee applies per dog
- Premiums may apply around holidays
- No minimum nights stay
- House keeping comes around each day, so make sure you pop up the ‘Do Not Disturb’ sign when you are in the room if your dog doesn’t like other visitors in the room.
For More Info
Larmont by Lancemore Website
We stayed at Larmont in January 2018. Information and services available may have changed since then. Please confirm any special requirements or wishes with Must Love Dogs prior to visiting yourself just to ensure that you too have a wonderful stay!