Dog Photo Challenge ~ Upside Down
I just adore the funniness and craziness of upside down dogs! They never fail to bring a smile to my face and often have me chuckling to myself.
The different perspective on our best friends is simply delightful! And results in lots of amusing and strange facial expressions!
Sometimes, when gravity takes hold, we have squishy eyes and hair or floppy chops hanging with wild abandon! Other times it’s a crazy upside side down teethy smile!
This Week’s Theme: UPSIDE DOWN!
“Upside Down Miss Jane!” as Mr Squiggle would say! Sorry for those outside Australia who’ve not heard of Mr Squiggle – he was a puppet who drew with a pencil from his nose. Children wrote in with their “squiggles” and Mr. Squiggle would turn them into recognisable drawings by connecting lines! More often than not, the picture would be drawn upside down and then Mr. Squiggle would gleefully declare: “Upside down! Upside down Miss Jane!” – asking his assistant to turn the picture the right way up and reveal the completed drawing. And as an Aussie kid, that left us with a popular catch phrase was ‘Upside down Miss Jane”. Um, yep… back to the Upside Down photo challenge 🙂
Not sure how to takeupside dog photos? I’ve a couple of suggestions for you:
- How does you dog sleep? So many will roll over onto their back while they are snoozing!
- Does your dog love a belly rub? Have a helper rub their belly while you grab a photo.
- Sometimes while they are relaxing on a nice soft surface like a couch or bed, a dog will roll over or stretch out upside down.
- Does your dog know how to roll over? Capture them part way through this dog trick.
After, you’ve taken your photo try rotating your photo 180 degrees to be the ‘right way up’ – that’s another chuckle-worthy perspective!
We can’t wait to see your gorgeous Upside Down dogs!
Some ‘UPSIDE DOWN’ Inspiration
Some adorable Upside Down inspiration for you! In these photos we have:
Top: Weimaraner Leighton
Middle: Australian Shepherd Hawk
Finnish Lapphund Boris & Australian Cattle Dog cross Jet
Bottom: Border Collie Rosie
Sharing your ‘UPSIDE DOWN’ Photos
Meeting and hearing all about your dogs and the love you have for them makes our day! There’s lots of ways to share your photos for this weeks challenge:
- On Facebook – Post your photo under the theme post when it appears on Facebook.
- On Instagram – Tag your photos that fit the theme with #pt_upsidedown so we can find them!
- In the Comments – Share your photo in the comments below. If you have photos on other photo sharing sites (like 500px or Flickr) then feel free to leave a link to your photo in the comments.
However you share, don’t forget to include your dogs name/s. If there is a great story, or puppy tale, that goes with your photo them we’d also love to hear it! Especially if you’re sending us something creative and we may not immediately ‘get’ how your photo fits the theme!