Dog Photo Challenge ~ Eyes
There’s a reason why we always refer to ‘Puppy Dog Eyes’…..
They capture our attention!
And they all too often bend us to the wishes of the dog bestowing them on us 😉
This Week’s Photo Challenge Theme: EYES
Eye’s are the ‘Windows to the Soul’ and we dog lovers know that’s certainly the case for our dogs. There is so much story, emotion and expression held in a dog’s eyes. This means when we’re taking photos of our dogs, it’s important to get the eyes in focus.
Here are a few ways to achieve great photos through focusing on your dog’s eyes:
- Move in closer that you can clearly see your dog’s eyes and they are a big feature of the photo.
- Make sure your point of focus when taking the photo is the eyes.
- If the eyes are not the same distance from you, focus on the eye that is closest to you.
- Between photos, refocus to ensure that if you or your dog has moved a tiny amount, the eyes are still in sharp focus.
- Position your dog to capture catchlights in their eyes.
- If you’re taking a closely cropped photo, ensure that you are focusing on the iris, not the eyelashes.
We can’t wait to see your photos this week! As always, you’re welcome to apply the theme creatively.
Some ‘EYES’ Inspiration
These dogs with their gorgeous eyes are:
Top: The simply scrumptious Newfoundland Puppy Morpheus.
Middle: Labrador puppy (and future guide dog!) Hughie; Hudson, the Kerry Blue Terrier, has the most gorgeous dark eyes.
It’s Wonderdog puppy Sketch – doesn’t he have amazing amber eyes?
Alfie the Labradoodle – his eyes are peeking through his curls so adorably. Mabel the Old English Sheepdog has the sweetest eyes!
Bottom: Cavoodle Austin looks much like a teddy bear especially with his gorgeous dark eyes!
Sharing your Photos
Meeting and hearing all about your dogs and the love you have for them makes our day! There’s lots of ways to share your photos for this weeks challenge:
- On Facebook – Post your photo under the theme post when it appears on Facebook.
- On Instagram – Tag your photos that fit the theme with #pt_eyes so we can find them!
- In the Comments – Share your photo in the comments below. If you have photos on other photo sharing sites (like 500px or Flickr) then feel free to leave a link to your photo in the comments.
However you share, don’t forget to include your dogs name/s. If there is a great story, or puppy tale, that goes with your photo them we’d also love to hear it! Especially if you’re sending us something creative and we may not immediately ‘get’ how your photo fits the theme!