Dog Photo Challenge ~ Aussie, Aussie, Aussie
Aussie, Aussie, Aussie!
Oi, Oi, Oi!
That’s the chant that we’ll be hearing a lot tomorrow! For it’s Australia Day for us.
We LOVE Australia and are fortunate to call it home. In this week’s photo challenge we’re going to celebrate being Australian! And if you’re not an Aussie, you’re welcome to celebrate the awesome that is Australia 🙂
(If you’re not familiar with the Dog Photo Challenges, there’s some extra info at the bottom of the post).
This Week’s Theme: Aussie, Aussie, Aussie
Did you know that Australia is as wide as the distance between London to Moscow? That Australia was the 2nd country in the world to allow women to vote (after New Zealand)? Or that the world’s oldest fossil which is about 3.4 billion years old, was found here? These are among the cool things about this country.
And while everything in Australia isn’t always perfect, but I am a proud Australia and fortunate to have been born in a country like this.
While it might seem like this is a theme most suited for those here in the land down under (or Aussie expats celebrating around the world), it’s certainly not just for us! If you happen to live elsewhere, or are looking for additional ideas for the challenge, here’s some suggestions for joining in with this one:
- Go green & gold – the National colours of Australia!
- Have an Aussie Dog? An Australian Shepherd, Australia Cattle Dog, Australian Terrier or one of the other breeds with ‘Australia’ in the breed name? You’ve got an easy option this photo challenge!
- Include something specifically or deliciously (or stereotypically) Australian – Vegemite, Boomerang, Laminations, Nicole Kidman or Hugh Jackman ;), thongs (for your feet!), Ugg boots, the Southern Cross or timtams!
- If you’ve visited, tell us what you loved most about Australia. If you’ve not visited, tell us why you’d love to visit one day (accompanying a photo of your dog of course!)
- Theme your dog as a bushman, swagman, bushranger, convict, surf lifesaver or any other Australian historical character!
- Include anything else Australian, representing Australia or showing Australia in a photo with your dog that you can think of!
We can’t wait to see your photos this week! Don’t forget to also share the theme with or tag your dog loving friends who would love to join in!
Our ‘Aussie, Aussie, Aussie’ Inspiration
Want some inspiration? Meet some Aussie dogs for Australia Day. We have:
- Hinto, the Australian Shepherd
- Bailey, the Australian Silky Terrier
- Ruby, the Australian Cattle Dog, with her sweet green & gold bow tie
- Iconic Australian Kelpies, Jeffery, Denzel & Finn
- Barkley, the clever Australian Shepherd
- Rosie girl (ok, not an Aussie dog in breed name, but our gorgeous Aussie girl)
- Douglas, the Australian Bulldog & quite a hilarious guy!
Sharing your Photos
Meeting and hearing all about your dogs and the love you have for them makes our day! There’s lots of ways to share your photos for this weeks challenge:
- On Facebook – Post your photo under the theme post when it appears on Facebook.
- On Instagram – Tag your photos that fit the theme with #pt_aussie so we can find them!
- In the Comments – Share your photo in the comments below. If you have photos on other photo sharing sites (like 500px or Flickr) then feel free to leave a link to your photo in the comments.
However you share, don’t forget to include your dogs name/s. If there is a great story, or puppy tale, that goes with your photo them we’d also love to hear it! Especially if you’re sending us something creative and we may not immediately ‘get’ how your photo fits the theme!
What are the Dog Photo Challenges?
We know you guys, our Puppy Tales friends, love to share photos of your gorgeous dogs! Our social media is filled with them daily and we receive lots via message and email too. We LOVE to see them! And we want to share our favourites….. each week the best will be shared on our Puppy Tales Facebook Timeline Cover! It needs to be updated frequently and we couldn’t think of anything better than sharing your cute Dog or Puppy Tales!
So we developed the simple idea of a weekly challenge allowing you to share your best dog photos! And the best bit is that it gives you an extra reason to hang out with your dogs over the weekend and to be taking more photos of them. If you already have photos that match the theme, then you’re welcome to share those too. There will be many themes throughout the year, so the opportunity to share your dog photos often will be sure to come up frequently! Don’t forget to come back to check for the new themes each week!
On Mondays we will post a photo challenge theme for the week. You can upload throughout the week, tag your photos on instagram and the following Tuesday we will pick our favourites to update the Puppy Tales Facebook page with! We will also share some of the photos on Puppy Tales instagram!